Klicksi Ltd are the sole distributors of FSC-certified African blackwood worldwide (FSC certificate SA-COC-001654 HD).
15E Oakcroft Road
Surrey KT9 1R
Telephone: 0208 9741500
The traditional wood for high quality woodwind instruments.
Excellent for use as violin pegs and guitar finger boards
- Sapwood – distinct, narrow, yellow-white
- Heartwood – purple-black, sometimes streaky
- Grain – straight with a very fine and even texture
- Slightly oily
- Finishes to a brilliantly polished lustrous surface
- Exceptionally hard, heavy and durable
- Stable in service
- Density – 1300 KG/M³
- Modulus of rupture – 160 N/mm²
- Modulus of elasticity – 16300 N/mm²
- Movement – rad 1.2%, tang 1.8%
- Hardness – 2000
- 20mm square dimensions and increments of 5mm up to 90mm
- Length: 150mm – 800mm
- Violin peg sizes
- Guitar finger board sizes
All sizes and quantities can be produced according to the customer’s specific requirements.